LifeStraw Mission - 12L
LifeStraw Mission - 12L
The LifeStraw Mission gravity powered water purifier removes 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of protozoa, and 99.999% of viruses, while purifying an impressive 18,000 liters of water (4,750 gallons).
Simply fill the BPA-Free bag, hang, and enjoy clean, purified drinking water. It’s Ideal for camping, group hikes, expeditions, and is available in 5 liter or 12 liter sizes.
Features & Benefits:
- Filters up to 4,750 gallons or 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour
- Roll-top dry bag is lightweight, compact and easy to fill; fill-marker windows on bag display water level
- Included shoulder strap makes carrying easy, while also enabling the bag to be hung from a tree
- Designed to handle turbid and muddy water
- Internationally recognized & award-winning water filter
How LifeStraw Mission Works:
LifeStraw Mission uses a highly efficient method of purification that requires no chemicals, batteries or moving parts. Water poured into the purifier moves down the tube, while being forced through narrow hollow fibers. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other contaminants are trapped inside and are flushed out by backwashing.
- Easy-to-remove, 80-micron pre-filter inside bag; also includes extra pre-filter screens
- Purifier is easy to clean in the field, thanks to integrated back-flush bulb
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Water passes through the meter-long blue PVC hose and gravity creates sufficient pressure on the membrane cartridge in order to reach a high flow rate.
- Ultra filtration takes place in the hollow fiber membrane cartridge - a pore size of 20 nanometers (0.02 microns) retains bacteria, viruses, parasites and fine dirt particles.
- The blue tap is turned to release purified water.
- Backwash the membrane by squeezing the red backwash bulb 3 times with both taps closed and then releasing the dirty water from the red tap. Water from the red tap should never be consumed.
For every LifeStraw® water filter sold, we provide a child in Africa with clean water for an entire school year.